Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week 23- The Crib Bedding

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that picking out crib bedding would be so agonizing. I suspect that for most new mothers it is not an issue, but for me it was. In some aspects of my life I have a tendency to agonize over the smallest details and obsess about getting the perfect thing. Clearly in other aspects of my life, I do not :-)

Early on in this struggle to find the perfect crib bedding, I realized that the soft colors and cutsie little animal prints or sports designs were not that appealing to me. I also realized that for whatever reason, it is difficult for stores to produce barely any decent bedding sets for little boys.  I am not sure of the exact figure, but I suspect that the world is made up of at least 50% men and given that fact you would think they would have some better options available. After an exhaustive search, I almost caved and purchased a Lamb Bedding Set from Pottery Barn Kids. However, I couldn't close the deal and am so thankful that I didn't.

I stumbled on a website called http://www.polkatotbedding.com/  and they are a little shop in Mobile, AL that does custom crib bedding. I immediately fell in love with the fabrics and colors and just everything. After remortgaging the house to buy the crib bedding, this is the set that I finally decided on with some slight modifications. The skirt is tailored rather than "foofy" and there are no little brown balls on the skirt. Also, I had a "Y" embroidered in the bumper for "Yu". The owner took my order and let me tell you, she was a sweet little southern bell....so pleasant to do business with. She even assisted me in deciding on the paint color for the lil mans room.

Though I realize that my lil man will ultimately not give a shit about the pattern on his crib bedding and will probably rarely use it his mom feels much better :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment