Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Where did the Time Go?

Kai is 9 weeks old and I am not sure where the time went. I have so many things that I wanted to share, but frankly finding time to think these days is nearly impossible and getting on the computer is definitely and act of god. Yesterday in one of our only outings over the last nine weeks we went to Target. On the way home, driving Constant's "new to us" wagon,  I was thinking about how my life has changed since Kai was born. One thing that immediately came to mind is that I have become so much more appreciative and truly thankful for the small things. I've been very blessed in my life. Though I always said I was thankful and yes, intellectually I do realize that I have been blessed, I'm not sure if I ever truly internally felt blessed. I think in fact I took things for granted.  I'm not sure if anyone will know what I mean...maybe I am having one of those weird mom moments. For example, Kai went back to sleep after his 8am feeding this morning and I have a couple of minutes to myself. I am so incredibly thankful for those couple of minutes. Those extra minutes gave me time to drink my coffee like the old days...you know with passion, savoring each drink. These days I drink my coffee with purpose truly needing the caffeine to fuel my day. This is just one tiny example of how my life has changed and I wouldn't change it for anything.


Photo by La Bella Luce Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment