Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Week- 37 I'm officially a Watermelon

This week marked 37 and now I am officially full term! What a wonderful milestone to make. This week was especially important to me because if I went earlier than 37 weeks, I would not be able to have the baby in care of my midwife at her birthing center and would have to have the baby in the hospital.  However, no need to worry about that now, since I've successfully made it past 37 weeks. I am now going for weekly checkups and this weeks appointment was great (except for stepping on the scale- which seems to be cruel and unusual punishment at this point in the game). My blood pressure was 122, Mr. Man's HB was 146 and successfully went up to 156 when "bugged" by my midwife. My iron level was 12.8, which is really good.  The little guy is in position, but needs to descend more and therefore my midwife encouraged me to walk more to help him boogie on out. I also had an internal exam and I am 1cm dilated and 25% effaced. Which really doesn't mean a lot, since these numbers can change so fast or so slow. I was just happy to know that my body was able to dilate.

Yesterday was also my last day working in the office which also felt like a huge milestone to meet.  Though I will be working from home until I have the baby, I am really excited to just be home. It feels good to be home. I like hanging out with my bullies too. They have been somewhat neglected this pregnancy. My attention of course has been on this baby and I really miss my bully time. In case you forgot what they look like, here they are...

Bentley


Sophie

I noticed on my pregnancy ticker that I only have 19 more days till my due date. It's a little scary, but so exciting. These last days, I am not sure what to do with myself as I've nested myself out of projects. Perhaps I'll just relax, put my feet up and do a little day dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment