Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 36- Can't wait to Meet you Mr. Man

In a couple of days I will have reached week 37 and be considered full term. That date is July 28th to be exact, which just happens to coincide with my Midwifes birthday. Constant and I couldn't be more excited as we approach our safe date. We seem to be as prepared as humanly possible. The Nursery is ready, everything that could possible ever touch our little mans skin has been washed and neatly put away, we have every gadget set up and ready to be used, car seats are here, birthing classes are finished and we've savored every piece of parenting advice that we have received,  now it is just a waiting game I suppose. Three weeks never seemed to far away. As the date gets closer I find myself having occasional bouts of "Oh My God, what did I do?". I can't believe I am going to be a mom. I've got a little man to care for and raise. What do I know about raising a little guy into a strong, independent, loving, successful man? If the way I've raised my little bully Bentley is any indication of how I will raise my son, this guy has no chance...how do you spell- spoiled rotten? It's definitely an interesting time as we wait out the third semester. I dream about how our lives will ever be changed, changed for the positive I know, but changed no less. I think about the upcoming events and holidays in our lives and think about how wonderful it will be to be sharing those times with our little boy. I look at my husband and know that he will be the best daddy ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment