Week 38 officially hit on Wednesday which also coincided with my midwife appointment. All is well in baby land. I am not sure if it is because I am working from home now, but my blood pressure was down to 114. The baby's HB was 144. He is still in good positioning. I've been taking long walks all week to try and get him to descend more. I'm not sure if it is working, but the walks make me feel a lot better- the fresh summer air is amazing and it's nice to have some time to relax, reflect and day dream. Every day this week I saw the same elderly couple walking, no matter if I walked at 7am or if it was closer to 11am. Sort of makes me wonder if they are out walking for hours every day. I've wondered what they thought of me waddling along, trying to waddle at a pace that didn't scream 9 months pregnant. Luckily where we live in rural Chester, NH, I have easy access to older, pot filled roads that are lined with trees that overhang the roads. I find this environment amazingly peaceful and even though I have to dodge potholes, it feels right at home to me. Occasionally I will see a horse strolling down the road and of course I am always greeted by several different dogs. All older dogs, never puppies it seems. While on my walks I try to envision myself walking with my little man...who knows if that will be today or next week, but God please not next month. I wonder if he will be a country bumpkin like myself or if he will prefer city living like his father.
Earlier this week I attended my last series of 4 La Leche League Classes. For those of you that have never attended a LLL meeting, but have any interest in breastfeeding at all, I would highly recommend the classes. I've found them to be extremely informational and a great support network for mothers. I've really appreciated hearing moms talk about their experiences and sharing so openly. I hope to continue classes after my little man is born.
To get the meetings started they usually ask for introductions since the class is never made up of the same people from week to week. We had a new leader this week who has recently moved to the area from Albany, NY and she asked us to introduce our self and talk about the first time we realized that we were amazing. Has anyone ever asked you that question? What would you say if you were asked? Do you know or believe that you are truly amazing? Ask a fellow women friend today when they realized they were amazing and you'll be surprised at the responses...

No comments:
Post a Comment