Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week 29, 30, 31....

Wow, I can't believe how behind I am on my blog. I can't seem to keep up with time now that I have entered the third trimester. I have been very busy and according to my pregnancy ticker, I only have 59 more days left. It's been a great couple of weeks. I had my first baby shower here in NH on June 6th. Constant and I and our little man were incredibly spoiled and are still very choked up about how incredibly generous everyone was. The shower was extremely nice and thanks to my mom and her team of assistants, the baby shower was far more spectacular than we could have ever imagined. We are so appreciative and are very thankful for the many wonderful people we have in our life. I was even surprised by my dear from Jess who came up from NJ and my dear friend Becki who came from Albany to celebrate our special day. I of course have pictures, but will post them later :-) You have to see how precious the invitations and center displays were.

So, with all of our new goodies that came during our shower and have been arriving in the mail, we have been busy organizing and getting the baby's room ready. I can't believe a little baby needs so many things. How did kids ever survive back in the day? We've also been busy being a little crafty and put a stencil up on the wall....here is one that I can share, the other is a surprise! It says...."shh....baby dreaming"



I've also ordered the curtains and a rug...just have to get the curtain rod to hang the curtains and some minor other things and I think his room is officially ready for his arrival.

We've also been busy with Bentley as he had a torn ACL and luxating patella and had to have surgery a little over a week ago. He had been limping for awhile now and wasn't the lively dog he once used to be. For the record, he was never officially very lively, but it sounded good. So, we took him in for surgery and warmed up the credit card and after a little over a week later he's finally starting to come around. Let me tell you, this guy is one big HAM SANDWICH when it comes to recovery. He wouldn't eat for four days and only started to eat when I was instructed to buy him beef baby food. I am just glad that the hard part is over with. Now hopefully he is headed for a healthy recovery. His BFF and sister Sophie has been absolutely lost without him as we have had to keep them separated.

This week I am getting maternity photos taking by Bella Luce Photography and can not wait. You have to check her site out. She is an absolutely amazing photographer. I promise to post preggo pictures of me after she makes me beautiful. I am so excited as she is going to take infant photos of our little man a couple of days after he is born.

How am I feeling? Overall pretty good. The last week or so I have started to get swollen ankles and hands and really do not enjoy that. I have been trying to relax a little more and keep my feet up in order to avoid it as much as possible. I've steadily been measuring two weeks bigger than I am suppose to be so either I am having a big baby or I'm just big. I can't decide which I hope it is. Either way, the important thing is that the baby is healthy. He's had consistently great heart beats and he's been very, very active. I love feeling him kick my tummy. It's probably one of the greatest feelings that I have ever had. I can't wait to meet this little guy.
I've been trying to envision what he will look like and I can't help to think that he's going to look like a little Constant with dimples. How precious will he be?

This coming weekend we are headed to NY for my shower with my family. My cousin Melissa has been working for months in preparation for our special day. I can't wait to see my family. It's been so long and I miss everyone so much.

Today we are celebrating Constant's first Father's Day as a daddy to be.He's already been a great dad and I am so excited to raise our little boy together. I know without a doubt that he will be an amazing father.


No comments:

Post a Comment