We took Kai for his 11 month wellness check up earlier this week. He weighed in at 24.85lbs and is 30.5 inches long. It's hard to believe that our conversation with his Pediatrician was heavily focused on eating solid foods and weaning from the bottle. How is it possible that Kai is nearly 1? This past year is a blur. It's the best blurry time of my life. I think I am a sap. Maybe its because he's turning 1, but I keep reflecting on how I felt last year at this time. I was excited, anxious, scared. I still feel that way, but I feel much more confident with parenting- sort of. I hope the next 17 years don't go buy this fast. Every day I learn something about my son, myself, it's amazing seeing the world for a child's eye. It's like the chance to have a do-over.
Kai is a super fast crawler. It's really quite amazing how fast he can get around. We are child proofing our house on the fly as Kai finds another unsafe situation :-) His personality is really starting to shine. I sense that he's going to be a little sensitive. Maybe like his daddy. He's very aware of his surroundings and does not miss a beat. He still struggles with naps at school, but does very well at night. Thank God! He has quite the pallet and has tried everything from garlic scapes to polenta to beef. We are trying very hard to give him a very strong nutritional foundation. About 99% of everything he eats is organic and he eats very little processed food. I'm very happy about this. I've been able to make all of his food and have really enjoyed it. It's very exciting for me to watch him discover different tastes. His faces are priceless. I love my baby boy. He will always be my baby.


No comments:
Post a Comment